Your Guide to BuyingWhat You Need to Know
How I Represent You
Fun! Exciting! Scary! Buying a new home is all of these things and more, so being prepared is a must. Whatever type of home you are looking for, you need top-notch service and an advocate working for you. Going it alone can be costly, confusing, time consuming, and risky. I am an experienced professional who will represent your interests and your needs at every turn.
What Exactly Are You Looking For?
Searching for homes from the start that fit your needs and financial capabilities will save you time and energy. Only you know what you want. How many bedrooms? What size yard? What neighborhood? What schools? A home that is move-in-ready or needs a little work? Knowing exactly what you are looking for is an important step and helps you make the best use of your house-hunting time.
How Much House Can You Afford?
I can show you how to use our Mortgage Calculator tool to get a rough estimate of your costs with various loan types. Figuring how much house you can afford takes the guessing out of the home buying process.
The Importance of Being Pre-Approved
Once you have determined what price home you can afford, it is time to get pre-approved. Being pre-approved means you can move forward immediately with the purchase of your new home as soon as you find it. Not only can you proceed with confidence that you are within your financial comfort zone, but you will improve the likelihood of making a successful offer.
Clear and Timely Communication from Start to Finish
As your agent, I will help you:
- Identify your biggest priorities in your new home and set realistic goals
- Understand how financing works with a new mortgage
- Make sure your house hunting process is clear and efficient by targeting homes that are most likely to appeal to you
- Understand the offer process and how the transaction works from contract to closing (when ownership transfers to you!)
- Be prepared and confident at the closing on your new home.
Contact me to discuss buying your new home!